Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Because I'm Bored

So today is the Friday of winter break week, and it has, as per usual, been VERY quiet here. This week we only had to work 3 days, as we had Monday off for President's day (a week late) and a snow day on Wednesday, due to a very unfortunate 2 foot snow storm. That day was bliss though! All three of us were home, and even though we spent most of our time snow blowing, shoveling, and standing on ladders holding very long pieces of wood trying to knock snow off the tree in our front yard so the branches wouldn't break and cut our power lines (how's that for a run-on sentence?) it was awesome! I got to spend the day with my sweetie, and the little man and I had a snowball fight. He then proceeded to tackle me and make me go face down in the snow, and then he buried me. He may be 15, but he still loves to play! And even though he outweighs me by about 30 lbs, and is taller than me by about 7 inches, he still roughhouses like he is little. He doesn't know his own strength!

He has recently started lifting weights with a few guys from school, and he is loving it! I don't know if it's because he is being raised by two women, but he isn't shy about admiring the other guy's abs, muscles, etc. He talks about it a lot actually. He will go on and on about it for hours! Either he is gay, or all boys admire each other and he doesn't know that men don't talk about things like that openly. (he only talks like that to us) We're pretty sure he likes girls, but maybe he is more open to the idea....who knows? Either way, he knows it obviously makes no difference to us. Whenever we talk about when he grows up, I always say when your wife, or husband, does such and such....:)

He is really a great kid. I couldn't ask for a better step-son. He is very open and vocal about his feelings, (most of the time), and will really talk to us. My wife sure did a great job raising him before I came along, but I think together we have really taught him that even though we are his parents, he can talk to us. And I love it when he comes to me for advice, or to talk about something he's not comfortable bringing up to mom yet. Sex is a tricky subject to broach with him, as he gets embarrassed when the subject comes up. But when he has asked a question we have always responded openly. I almost feel like a father figure to him in a way, even though I am very far from manly or butch. I do know more about electronics and fixing things than his mom does, so I guess I just fell into that role. But obviously we don't follow any of the "traditional" roles!

I love my little family, and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Maybe one day we will even add to it;)

No comments: