Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

Jillian Michaels has been kicking my ass and I'm dying!

Okay, so I'm not literally dying. The wife and I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred seven days ago. we are only only day 6 though, because we need to skip Mondays due to work conflicts, etc. Anyway, we have been doing Level One for six days. We get up at 5:00 am on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and do it during the evening on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and during the day on Sundays. Needless to say, I am feeling it, and I am exhausted!! We usually get up at 6:00 to get going and get the kid going by 7:00. So we have been losing that extra hour and, since it was Daylight Savings Time this past weekend, it is almost like we are getting up at 4:00 am! (in hindsight, it was not necessarily the best time to incorporate an early morning workout!)

This morning we both felt great when we got up (although I didn't sleep well) and we were raring to go! We did the workout and then got got ready for the day. She comes in with me to work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for a class, and it's so great to see her for a few minutes. Well, now she is home, and I am waiting for our lunch date time to roll around and I am CRASHING. My back hurts and my eyes are so heavy. But, I am going to stick with it because I am hoping it does what it promises, which is to make me ripped in 30 days!

Jillian Michaels is very tough. And although the workouts are only 20 minutes each, it is a butt-kicker. We are not big girls. My wife is a very healthy weight. I am about 10 pounds overweight for my height. Last year I did Power 90 with Tony Horton and lost enough weight to put me in the healthy category for BMI. Then winter and Christmas came and I went back up almost 10 lbs. I am determined to work it off and keep it off. Exercise has slowly become a part of my routine and I hope to keep it that way! If not always to lose weight, but to feel healthy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Boy, this is a boring post! I promise to come back and be funnier when I'm not feeling so battered!

No comments: