Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wow! 2 posts in one week!

I know, it's amazing! I can't believe it myself. I just had to jump on and write this quick little story.

Last week we had a snowstorm that lasted 3 days and it gave us 9" of snow, which isn't a lot for us, but still. Today it is very cold and the windchill has got to be around zero. I tell you this because I had to run to the post office earlier, which is about a block away, so I walked. I was freezing to say the least and was walking very fast to get back. I came up behind what I am assuming is one of our students back from break early. Not only did he not have a heavy coat on, but get this, he was wearing FLIP FLOPS! (Thongs for some of you in other regions). As in no socks, bare feet, with just a slight piece of rubber between him and the snowy, wet ground! What is wrong with people these days???

Now, I'm not trying to be sexist here, but it didn't surprise me that this person was male. My wife and I sometimes stumble upon those outrageous videos shows, and I have to say, watching those makes me glad that I am 1) a lesbian, and 2) a woman...although I guess those two things go hand in hand:) Have you ever noticed how many of those videos show some male or group of males doing the dumbest things and then getting hurt? About 95% of them! Now, I am not a man-hating lesbian. I have several men in my life that I know and love. But there must be something in their brain that tells them to do stupid stuff like, I dunno, jump off a cliff and break their leg, or skateboard down a railing and nail their nuts, or WEAR FLIP FLOPS IN WINTER IN THE NORTHEAST!

Okay, End Rant:)

No comments: