Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yes, I'm still alive!

Well hello there. Long time no see! I've been on a bit of a break from blogging lately, as you can tell, although I never did quite get into posting regularly anyway. (Although I promise to try more!) I guess work was incredibly busy for the past few months. Students wanting to graduate and all seems to take up a lot of time!

Life has been really great. We are chugging along on the wedding plans and had a lovely holiday together. I turn 33 on the 19th and the next day our little Cub will turn 15! He will go to take his permit test which I have to admit is a bit scary and exciting all at the same time. He came into my life when he was just 9. All short and chubby and cute. Now he towers over me at 5'9" (I am only 5' 3" and 3/4's:)). He has become tall and lean and handsome. He is very good in school still and doesn't even need to study, which ticks his mom and I off a bit since we always had to! He is so mature and responsible in so many ways, yet still our little boy in a lot of others. Example: A few months ago he was in the kitchen and we have a light above the sink. I mentioned to him to turn it off when he left the room. A few minutes later he is still in there, so I go back in to find him looking around for the switch to turn it off. He asked me where the darn switch was and I walked over casually and flipped the little button in plain sight on the light itself:) He also has a hard time getting dishes into the sink (leaves them on the counter sometimes) and always wants one of us to make him something to eat at various times of the day. I have been trying to break him of this habit, but my darling wife still caters to him a lot. She's really cute, so I let her get away with it:)

I only have a few more minutes before I have to go, but thought I'd throw this tidbit in....my wife looked at me the other day and told me she thinks by the end of the year I will have that baby I've always wanted....WTF??? I am happy and all, but that was out of nowhere! We'll see what happens on that front, as we are trying to get rid of all of the debt in our lives and plan our wedding....not really a good time to be shopping for sperm! Not to mention I still have to fit into my dress!

No comments: